July 10, 2014

Toddlers Know the Truth... Until They're Talked out of It

Toddlers Know the Truth... Until They're Talked out of It

I have privately joked that I am not been  mentally contaminated by a higher formal education, though my continual  murdering of the English language would beg to differ.  When I read Jefferson's quote in this article
"State a moral case to a plowman and a professor. The former will decide it as well, and often better than the latter, because he has not been led astray by artificial rules."
I was hooked and hade to share.



"Toddlers may be ignorant of many things, but they understand basic elements of life quite clearly. And we can see that understanding in the three things we hear every toddler say, over and over:

It’s mine.
You said.
It’s not fair.
I doubt there’s a semi-intelligent adult in the English-speaking world who hasn’t heard those words dozens of times. So, let’s look at the understanding they contain:"  Clicky here: Toddlers Know the Truth... Until They're Talked out of It



No comments:

Post a Comment